Securities and Exchange Commission v. Edwards
Click here to access the assigned case.
Be sure to save an electronic copy of your answers before submitting it to Ashworth College for grading. Unless otherwise stated, you should answer in complete sentences, and be sure to use correct English, spelling, and grammar. Sources must be cited in APA format.
Your response should be a minimum of four (4) double-spaced pages; refer to the Length and Formatting instructions below for additional details.
In complete sentences respond to the following prompts:
- Summarize the facts of the case;
- Identify the parties and explain each party’s position;
- Outline the case’s procedural history including any appeals;
- What is the legal issue in question in this case?
- How did the court rule on the legal issue of this case?
- What facts did the court find to be most important in making its decision?
- Respond to the following questions:
- Why was the Supreme Court unwilling to exclude contracts guaranteeing a fixed rate of return from the definition of security?
- Are mortgage notes securities when they are sold with a package of management services and a promise to repurchase the notes in the event of default?
- Do you agree or disagree with the court’s decision? If you disagree, provide an explanation of your reasoning.
Length4 pages, typed, double spacedFont12 point, Times New Roman or Calibri FontProgram/File TypeSubmit through the assignment textboxAttachmentsShould be pasted into the Word document if possible.Referencing systemAPA referencing system is necessary in assignments, especially material copied from the Internet.
For examples of correct citations, visit the following links: