CONCEPT ANALYSIS * Due Mar 25 by 1:59am Points 250 The Concept Analysis Assignment is due by Sunday, 11:59 p.m. (MT) at the end of Week 3. The guidelines and rubric are listed below. Week 3: Concept Analysis Guidelines and Rubric Purpose This assignment provides the opportunity for the student to complete an analysis of a concept supported by a nursing theory using an identified process. The assignment fosters analytical thinking related to the selected concept as well as application within the profession. Course Outcomes CO 1: Demonstrate logical and creative thinking in the analysis and application of a theory to nursing practice. (PO 2, 5) CO 4: Analyze theories from nursing and relevant fields with respect to the components, relationship among the components, and the application to advanced nursing practice. (PO 1) Due Date Sunday 11:59 PM MT at the end of Week 3 Students are given the opportunity to request an extension on assignments for emergent situations. Supporting documentation must be submitted to the assigned faculty. If the student’s request is not approved, the assignment is graded and a late penalty is applied as follows: * Monday = 10% of total possible point reduction * Tuesday = 20% of total possible point reduction * Wednesday = 30% of total possible point reduction If the student’s request is approved, the student will be informed of the revised due date. Should the student fail to meet the revised due date, the assignment is graded and a late penalty is applied as follows: * Monday = 10% of total possible point reduction * Tuesday = 20% of total possible point reduction * Wednesday = 30% of total possible point reduction Total Points Possible: 250 Points Requirements Description of the Assignment This assignment presents a modified method for conducting a concept analysis of ONE concept that is important and useful to nursing. The concept for this assignment must be supported by a published nursing theory. The selected concept is identified and then the elements of the analysis process are applied in order to synthesize knowledge for application as demonstrated through the creation of model, borderline, and contrary cases. Theoretical applications of the concept are also discussed. Non-nursing theories may NOT be used. The paper concludes with a synthesis of the student’s new knowledge about the concept. The scholarly literature is incorporated throughout the analysis. Only the elements identified in this assignment should be used for this concept analysis. Criteria for Content 1. Introduction The introduction substantively presents all the following elements: * Identifies the role of concept analysis within theory development. * Identifies the selected nursing concept. * Identifies the nursing theory that addresses the selected concept. * Names the sections of the paper. * Scholarly support is required. 2. Definition/Explanation of the selected nursing concept This section includes: * Defines/explains the concept using scholarly literature (a dictionary maybe used for this section ONLY, and additional scholarly nursing references are required). * A substantive discussion of this section with support from nursing literature is required.