This discussion relates to this week’s learning objectives for Modules 8 – 10.
You can reach learning objectives by reading the case study you are assigned and providing thoughtful response that includes critical thinking. You will be expected to apply course concepts to your client’s case.
You need to address the following questions in your response:
- Based on the content in Modules 8 – 10, identify one area you think needs immediate support for this family? How might a social worker advocate for or offer a service to meet that need? What intersecting identities or cultural considerations should be considered when working with the client/family? (4 points)
- How might a school social worker support the school age clients in this family? For this answer, name the client you are focusing on, their strengths, and areas they might need support, as well as how you would support as a school social worker. (3 points)
- What person(s) is living with physical, cognitive, and/or developmental challenges in the case study and what is the challenge? What are ways to support and/or provide services for the individual(s) to ensure they have a supportive environment? In what ways might a social worker advocate for them at a macro level (4 points)
- What kinds of attitudes does the public display toward people who are in the same human developmental stage as Margaret’s father? How would you navigate supporting Margaret in addressing the attitudes and expectations people have of those in his developmental age? What biopsychosocial-spiritual challenges do you think Margaret’s father could be facing? (3 points)
- What is one question that you have about your case study/client and its relation to this week’s module material? (1 point)
300 words + 100 peer review