Last week, you submitted a proposal for the design of a 2-day workshop to train managers on how to use effective feedback skills when delivering one-on-one performance reviews to employees. Prior to completing this assignment, review the How to Create a PowerPoint Presentation (Links to an external site.) video for instructions and tips on how to create PowerPoint presentations and the PowerPoint 2010: Speaker Notes (Links to an external site.) video for instructions on how to create speaker notes in PowerPoint presentations.
For this assignment, you will design a 15-to-20-slide PowerPoint presentation that would be used in this training workshop (excluding the title and reference slides). For your presentation,
- Use the features of PowerPoint to effectively present the material to managers.
- Create a professional visual using various design elements, such as background, color, font style, animations, transitions, audio, images, etcetera. Include approximately 50 words of speaker notes on each slide. These notes are the facilitator’s script.
- Identify at least three specific learning objectives for this training (making any necessary modifications to the learning objectives that were submitted in the proposal last week).
- Your introductory slide must clearly and concisely describe the training.
- Your presentation must also include citations and references from the Blanchard and Thacker (2019) text and at least three additional scholarly sources.
Your final submission should include (a) the PowerPoint with facilitator notes and (b) a comprehensive APA-formatted Word transcript of all slide notes and facilitator’s script including a reference page.
The Training Development presentation
- Must be three to six double-spaced slides in length (not including title and references slides) and formatted according to APA Style (Links to an external site.) as outlined in the Writing Center’s How to Make a PowerPoint Presentation (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate title slide with the following:
- Title of presentation in bold font
- Space should appear between the title and the rest of the information on the title slide.
- Student’s name
- Name of institution (The University of Arizona Global Campus)
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Due date
- Title of presentation in bold font
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must use at least two credible sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- To assist you in completing the research required for this assignment, view the University of Arizona Global Campus Library’s Quick and Easy Library Research (Links to an external site.) tutorial, which introduces the University of Arizona Global Campus Library and the research process, and provides some library search tips.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate references slide that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Writing Center for specifications.